Q: How Do I Join The Eaton Certified Contractor Network?
A: Joining the Eaton Certified Contractor Network is easy.
- Are you a electrical contractor that performs renovation or service work?
- Are you looking to partner with a manufacturer in an effort to provide clients with an increased level of confidence about your already stellar work?
- Are you looking for ways to give you and your technicians an advanced level of technical training ?
- Do you want to separate yourself from the other electrical renovation and service contractors in your area?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then you need to become a member of the ECCN. Please apply today using the link at the bottom of the page.
After registering your company to be a part of the Eaton Certified Contractor Network, you will receive an email confirming your enrollment and you can begin taking advantage of the web-based training and learn more about the Eaton line of residential products.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Q: What Do I Get When I Join The Eaton Certified Contractor Network?
A: After joining the Eaton Certified Contractor Network, you will receive marketing and business tools created with you and your business in mind. These tools include:
- An initial certification course to increase your knowledge on market opportunities, Eaton products and their value to your clients, consultative selling and service standards.
- Access to a Member’s Only Website That Contains:
- Customizable business tools and marketing tools
- ECCN University – a wide array of courses are available for all employees to take in order to sharpen business skills.
- ECCN Welcome Kit - This welcome kit was designed to help you increase your business and includes:
- Circuit Breakers
- Complete Home Surge Protection
- AFCI Combo Receptacle
- Assorted Wiring Device Products
- Product literature
- ECCN Uniform Patches
- Vehicle ID (magnet / vinyl)
- Exclusive access to Eaton product personnel
- A presence on the Eaton website for referrals and leads.
As membership grows in your area, look forward to joint marketing efforts and a complete lead generation system to drive business and capture it for the members of the network!
Q: Is There A Fee Associated With Joining The Program?
A: Yes. There is a fee associated with being a member of the Eaton Certified Contractor Network (See Pricing Table).
Q: How long is the Home Safety Certification class?
A: It is a one-day, 8 hour course. Lunch is provided for the participants.
Q: What does the Home Safety Certification class consist of?
A: The Certification Training class covers:
- Outdated Technologies/Techniques – What are they? How are they hazardous? How to identify them, etc.
- Eaton’s Product Solutions – Whole house surge protection, AFCI, GFCI, reno products are all highlighted including a vast array of Wiring Device products. The technicians will understand what the products are, how they work, what the homeowner value is and how to present these to customers.
- Consultative Selling to Homeowners – All technicians receive sales training on how to consult homeowners on problems and how to provide solutions.
- Customer Service – Eaton’s A+ service standard is discussed to help the owners and technicians understand how their appearance, actions and attitude can all affect the value that a homeowner places on them.
Q: When is the enrolled contracting company considered "certified"?
A: After one or more technicians attends a certification training session the company is considered certified.
It is at this time the contractor's name is put on the myhome.eaton.com website as a certified installer.
Q: What should contractor do if they do not have an email address?
A: The contractor can register for a free email address through yahoo, gmail or hotmail.